Monday, November 24, 2014

Nice Reads

I'm kind of late on these, but they're still worth reading -- this 11 women who are changing geek culture article profiles some fascinating ladies, not the least of which is our old friend Jillian Venters, aka the Lady of the Manners, aka the woman behind Gothic Charm School. She's definitely my kind of geek to be proud of!


Not exactly a read, but a video worth watching is this report on Amsterdam's Lolita community. The usually quite mainstream site Refinery 29 takes a thoughtful, careful look at Lolitas in Europe (as contrasted to the original Japanese subculture), how they dress, and why. I admit, I've never quite understood the appeal of Lolita or Gothic Lolita, and this video was enlightening.



What I'm wearing: Black knit dress, Newport News | Black velveteen jacket, White House Black Market | Black & white polka-dot scarf, Express | Black & white flats, Zappos | Silver & pearl earrings, vintage from my grandmother


No comments:

Post a Comment