Monday, October 20, 2014

Subtle Geekery

I've never been shy about flying my freak flag, even at work. I've talked about historical costuming during interviews, and I wear my studded leather cockring every single day. After all, if you google for images of me, you're going to see everything from me in 18th-century male drag to my boobs inscribed with "CorpGoth" calligraphy. Not subtle!

But this outfit is a more tasteful version of geeky CorpGoth. I got the T-shirt at the new Diagon Alley in Universal Studios, where my husband and I indulged our love of all things Harry Potter. Of course, I went for the spooky side with the Dark Mark. Which coordinates nicely with my everyday wardrobe.

Do you try or have to sneak your geeky or fandom faves into your work wardrobe?

What I'm wearing: Black velvet jacket, White House Black Market | Grey "Dark Mark" T-shirt, Wizarding Worlds of Harry Potter at Universal Studios | Grey striped skirt, Nordstroms | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black T-strap flats, Aldo | Silver filigree earrings, Target

No comments:

Post a Comment