Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Five - Nom Nom Nom

1. Do you or someone you live with cook your own meals at home or tend to buy frozen dinners/eat out?
Hah. If you look inside my fridge, you'd think that my husband & I live like two male, possibly gay, bachelors -- we have beer, old condiments, Lean Cuisines, & an air of desperation in there. We eat too much takeout food, punctuated by the aforementioned frozen food. When I remember to, I'll make a meal like pasta or chicken.

2. What is your favorite dish to cook? Or if you don't cook, what do you wish you could cook?
When I bother, I make a pretty lovely wine reduction sauce with chicken & pair it roast veggies. I *wish* I could make one of the delightful 3- or 4-course meals my BFF's sig.other treats us to whenever I'm at their place.

3. The best experience you've ever had at a restaurant?
Hard to say - the best experiences tend to be more about who I'm with & the restaurant being a good backdrop. There aren't any pure food experiences that stand out (hence, I'm no foodie). My very favorite foods are all homemade, usually by mom or her side of the family.

4. The worst experience you've ever had at a restaurant?
Gah, so many. I attract bad service or things like the restaurant being out of whatever it is I've ordered (esp. if I had my heart set on it). But the classically worst would be the restaurant at the SCA 12th Night 2009 hotel out in the middle of nowhere where they would.not.serve anyone. OMG.

5. If you had to give up one of your favorite foods for the rest of your life, which would you choose and why?
UGH. That was chemo. At one point, I couldn't drink coffee because it hurt my stomach, & that made me cry. I already couldn't drink alcohol because it made me feel icky. Thank goodness the only thing that *did* taste OK during chemo was chocolate -- I ate pounds of it. If I couldn't have had that as well, geez, I'd have given up.

Questions culled from The Friday Five on LiveJournal.

What I'm wearing: Black knit dress, Target | Black & white stripe knit jacket, Neiman-Marcus | Black leggings, American Apparel | Black socks, unknown brand | Black & white cat-print wedge sneakers, PlasticLand | Black glass bead necklace with Murano glass heart medallion, made by me | Silver hoop earrings, random accessory store


No comments:

Post a Comment