Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I'm not goth, but I play one on the Internet

I'm not goth because...

  • I like being happy.
  • I prefer to take meds for my depression instead of wallowing.
  • I'm 45, & I'm tired of battling thru the tons of teenyboppers & college kids to make a connection with the rare fellow ElderGoth.
  • I'm happily, monogamously married, & I'm bored with a club scene that revolves around around finding new sex partners.
  • I haven't listened to a new goth band since 1990, & I have not interest in starting up now.
  • I like pink, & no, it's not the new black.
  • I go to bed around 10pm. And wake up at 6:50am.
  • I don't get drunk, I just have a beer while watching football.
  • I try to be active in politics. Apathy is not cool.
  • I like florals.
  • I'm tired of being overdressed.
  • I don't like wearing foundation makeup.
  • All those bangles & bracelets got too heavy.
  • I don't want to piss ppl off anymore.
  • I don't need to stand out in a crowd to know I'm special.
  • Velvet in summer is just dumb.
  • I got tired of carrying a parasol everywhere.
  • Lunchbox purses don't hold enough of my gear.
  • Platforms make my feet look big & clunky.
  • Long skirts always got tangled in the rollers of my office chair.
  • Smokey clubs suck.
(Tongue inserted firmly in cheek!)


What I'm wearing: Black silk dress with pleated top, Target | Grey & white striped hooded sweater, Forever 21 | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black & grey striped silk flats, RocketDog | Pink skull & crossbones necklace, gift from Elisa | Pewter key earrings, made by me


No comments:

Post a Comment