Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Five: Shopping Is My Bag, Baby

1. How often do you go on shopping binges?
The frequency varies, depending on how busy I am. Sometimes, I won't buy anything for 2 months, then I'll buy everything I ever wanted, it seems. I shop about 70% online too

2. Do you get the urge to indulge in Retail Therapy after a joyous occasion or a sad occasion? Why?
I will shop in every mood, but I enjoy happy shopping more. Sad shopping makes me sadder, I start getting depressed about how much money I'm wasting.

3. Have you ever held back on buying a particular item, only to find it was gone? What was it?
Plenty of times. It's especially bad with Pinterest. I or someone else will pin something fabulous, & by the time I finally click-thru to buy it, the damn thing is sold out.

4. What was the most outrageous thing that you ever bought for yourself on a whim? Explain the story behind it.
Hmmm... probably the burgundy embroidered silk that became this 18th-c. gown. For years, I'd sworn I'd never buy fabric that cost over $10/yard, & I nearly passed out when I was required to buy expensive silk & lace for a Victorian gown a part of a group costume. And then I saw this burgundy silk, I just up & bought 3 yards at something like $30/yard. Without blinking an eye. That was my gateway drug of fabric, because now I do that far more frequently.

5. So what's catching your eye and tempting your wallet right now?
I want a sparkly cocktail dress to wear to an event later this summer, & I have dozens of things pinned & bookmarked, but I still haven't picked one. It's going to be too late soon to order online!

Questions culled from The Friday Five on LiveJournal.

What I'm wearing: Black silk sleeveless dress, Target | White & black pinstripe jacket, Macy's | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black flats, Aerosoles | Silver book locket necklace, random accessory store | Black & white stripe bead earrings, Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment