Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Blue State

I live in California, one of the bluest of blue states when it comes to American presidential politics. I even live in that most liberal enclave of the San Francisco Bay Area (altho' Silicon Valley can be more conservative & libertarian than San Fran or my college alum Berkeley). So on this Election Day, I wore my blue dress. And of course, I voted right after work. Before that, I flashed a "V" for "victory" or at least a peace sign, because we can all use that.

What I'm wearing:
Blue knit dress, Ruche.com | Black camisole, Old Navy | Black & white floral sweater, White House Black Market | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black patent square-toed pumps, unknown brand
Silver filigree necklace, vintage | Gunmetal hoop earrings, random accessory store


9 comments:

  1. The blue really suits you! Although, you may be breaking my li'l ol' red-state heart. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You rock so much!!! Hugs from a snowy New York City! You look absolutely gorgeous ... what's that around your neck? It looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress looks amazing on you. Blue is definitely your colour.
    Congratulations to your new work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue looks really great on you. Way to rock the democracy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, this is the only blue in my closet, but I really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a big filigree circle with a pearl drop -- 1970s Avon, of all things! I think I've gotten a closeup of it before, but I'll make sure to next time I wear it. Stay warm out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, no fear, I have a lot of red-state family & friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue is a great colour on you. I am in love with that vintage necklace!

    ReplyDelete