Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Finally, Eyeliner

For the past month, I've had a bad infection in my right eye. At first, the doctor thought it was pink eye, so I threw out all my eyeliners & mascara. But the issue persisted, so I went to an ophthalmologist, who discovered that it was a different, more serious problem -- & I probably didn't need to throw out my makeup. However, I did need to put medication in my eye 3 to 5 times every day, thus, I couldn't really wear any eye makeup or it'd smear off constantly (not to mention, my right eye was pretty uncomfortable at first).

But finally, this week, I've recovered & am off the meds! So  I've been wearing eyeliner again after what seems like forever. I don't wear a ton of eye makeup on a regular basis because I feel like it doesn't show up under my glasses. I just put on a touch of black eyeliner & sometimes a swipe of mascara. Occasionally, I'll add some soft, smokey eye shadow if I have time. Still, that bit of liner makes my eyes stand out a little bit, imo, & not look so small & squinty.

What I'm wearing:
Black military-influenced jacket, H&M | Black ribbed turtleneck, Macy's | Plum velvet tiered skirt, NY & Company | Black & white chiffon skull-print scarf, gift from my husband | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black buckled flat boots, Aldo | Gunmetal hoop earrings, random accessory store | Benefit "Bad Girl" black eyeliner | Maybelline "Great Lash" mascara | Kevyn Aucoin The Expert Lip Tint in Blood Roses



Do you wear eye makeup regularly? If so, what kind?

5 comments:

  1. i wear neutral shadow (usually a brown fairly close to my skin tone), liner, and mascara. i change up how i do my liner every once in a while but i generally come back to just a basic cat-eye flick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely outfit-I love the purple skirt with the skull scarf! I only do eye makeup when my best friend is around to do it for me, honestly-I always end up looking like I got punched in the eye and my eyeliner is wobbly and sparse. But I love admiring the skills other people have with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't wear makeup to work (I have to get up much too early), but I always wear black liquid eyeliner as TropigothMama put it, in a cat-eye flick. I've had three eye procedures over the past three years, and was forbidden from wearing any makeup around the eyes for long periods afterwards, especially mascara. Given how thick the line is when I do wear it, it would look very silly with just one eye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your eye cleared up! That is scary.

    I used to use gel liner, but it became too time-consuming. I switched to a pencil topped with black eyeshadow to help it stay put. I also highlight the brow and corner of the eye with a pearly off-white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to remember to put on mascara, at the very least. My eyelashes are rather light-coloured, so I tend to look 'unfinished' without mascara. I can go out in mascara and sunscreen (no other makeup) and feel pulled-together. Lately I've also been using Loreal's Infallible eyeliner pencil in carbon black for the rims, upper and lower, unless i'm tired, in which case the lower rim gets done with a white MAC eyeliner pencil. If I'm doing it up, I use MAC gel liner in 'Blacktrack' to do a retro/gothy 'winged' look along the upper lashes.

    Eyeshadow is less common for me to wear, but usually involves doing a smokey eye with a black/brown/nude quad from MAC.

    ReplyDelete