Monday, February 20, 2012

Birthstone Purple

My birthday was Sunday, so I took full advantage of the fact that my birthstone is amethyst & wore a lot of purples. I wore this outfit to a picnic with friends at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco, followed by hands-on geeky fun at the adjacent Exploratorium.

What I'm wearing:
Black knit dress, Target | Purple long-sleeve knit top, Old Navy | Purple lace-print leggings, Target | Tall black leather boots, Clarks | Amethyst necklace, gift from my husband for my bday last year, bought in Kauai | Purple dangly earrings painted with tiny bats, made by a local artist | Black flower hair pins, random accessory store


Cupcakes topped with pink bats, brought by my friend Wendi

Me eating one of many chocolate cupcakes at the Palace of Fine Arts
Kendra, Sarah, & me in the "Alice in Wonderland" perspective room at the Exploratorium
Spooky heat-detecting photo of my hubbi & I at the Exploratorium

13 comments:

  1. AWWW!!! I like the batty cupcakes ... and you look marvelous! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLING!!!! ((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love that necklace!! Purple is such a pretty color. Happy birthday! Oh, and I love the Palace of Fine Arts. Spent a few hours by myself there with I was in SF. I have a thing for any remnants from World Fairs. There's something kind of spooky about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! You look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Palace of Fine Arts is one of my fave. 'ruins' ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!! You are so lucky to have said birthstone. And for such good friends to spend the day with! It's nice to see a picture of your husband... at least, a "sorta" picture. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for out-and-about photos! Looks like a superb birthday with friends. Happy birthday! And I agree with VK about the fortunate birthstone color. Purple is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I should get a decent pic of my hubbi & I on here someday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! Oh yes, amethysts are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good outfit! Simple and nice at the sime time. The cupcakes are sooo lovely ;).

    ReplyDelete