Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Plummy

Feeling all matchy-matchy yesterday, plus I needed something cozy & warm. Temperature dropped nearly to freezing overnight, & it was rather frosty out this morning.

Not sure about tying this scarf into a bow -- it looks rather 1980s-era Dianne Feinstein to me. Who, as a person, I admire, but she's not exactly a style icon. My mom used to wear those floppy bows with suits too during the '80s, it was so "I'm all business, but still a woman!" Not sure if it looks pretty or dowdy on me, tho' I do like how it breaks up all the purple.

What I'm wearing:
Plum sweater, April Cornell, gift from Lisa
Black T-shirt, Target
Plum crushed velvet skirt, NY & Company
Black & white gothic-print silk scarf, Target
Black tights, Calvin Klein
Black tall boots, Clarks
Pewter square earrings, made by a local artist
Silver & garnet poison ring, eBay

7 comments:

  1. I don't think you could be dowdy if you tried. The scarf is a great accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LovleAnjel - Awww, thanks! I particularly worry about being dowdy in my advanced years ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That scarf is awesome! Our temps have dropped too, which makes me want to give up on fashion and wear five layers. I'm thinking a burka made from sweatshirt fleece.

    Doesn't everybody worry about getting dowdy as they get older? The flip side to that is dressing too young, which I've been doing for years. I think we need a goth clothing shop for mature adults, complete with Garanimals-style matching. THIS top with THIS bottom. I'm telling you, we'd make a fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit and agree with you on the scarf breaking up the purple. Thanks for the close-up on its pattern, too. Love that! I know what you mean about the 80's blouses, though. LOL Remember how they all had huge shoulder pads, too? It's funny where our hangups come from. I have several of my own. I just posted on GothBarbie's blog about how I keep wanting to incorporate knee socks in some outfits, but often fear it looks too teeny-bopper, which I canNOT pull off anymore. =^/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lazysubculturalgirl - Yep, it's either dowdy or too young, we can't win! Love the Garanimals idea...

    Traicetrak - Omg, shoulder pads! Some things really stick in our memories ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lydia Violette de LioncourtMay 31, 2012 at 1:38 AM

    I love your scarf!! Just curious when did you purchase that at target?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm... not sure, but it was at least 3 years ago!

    ReplyDelete