Friday, March 11, 2011

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday - 03.11.11

FBFF Questions for 03.11.11 - This week, the topic is "Finding the balance – How do you do it all and still live, work, and play as you want to?" Courtesy of ModlyChic.

1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does blogging fall?
It's not that high, but it's not last either. However, planning a good & blog-worthy outfit is right up there -- more for me than just to blog it, but y'know, if I wear it, I might as well photograph it & then blog it. I try to post at least 3x a week, otherwise it's not a real blog, imo.

2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible?
I streamline as much as possible, & really I only blog in the time I have alloted. In the morning, I have about 15 minutes, maximum, to take photos. On my lunch break at work, I take maybe 20 minutes (while eating at my desk) to write up a post & the outfit. When I get home, I edit the photos right after I walk in the door (well, after feeding the cats!). Done!

3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient?
Not short-cuts, other than keeping the whole thing short & sweet. Don't deviate from your focus or you'll discover that blogging will eat up all your time. My blog is strictly an "outfit a day" blog. I don't do a lot of essays or tutorials & the like. The only time such things sneak into my blog is when I have spare time & felt like writing those things & stored them up to use when I didn't have something else to blog (like when I was traveling). I guess my point is this: Don't let yourself aimlessly blog. That will become a huge time suck!

4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead?
Gawd no. I do enough of that at my real job ;-)

5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now?
I might do some DIY tutorials because I love making crafty things, but I end up making them & wearing them without any explanation of what I did. But, as I said, that's not my focus here. I do some of that already in my costume dress diaries, but it's more to just document what I went through, not even to instruct how to do it. I'm pretty satisfied with what I do on this blog right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment